In 2019, a number of technology breakthroughs and trends will become available to the public, for example:
- 5G compatible laptops to arrive by 2019 thanks to Intel/HP/Lenovo/Dell partnership. 1
- The Benban Solar Park, the world’s largest solar park will finish construction in Egypt by late 2019. 1
- The world’s largest offshore wind farm starts is completed. 1
- NASA completes the Unmanned Aerial System Traffic Management (UTM) to manaage drone traffic in our skies. 1
- James Webb Space Telescope is launched into orbit to discover liquid water on other planets 1
- Cost of solar panels, per watt, equals 1.4 US dollars 1
- England’s “Crossrail” is fully built 1
- World sales of electric vehicles reaches 5,900,000 1
- Predicted global mobile web traffic equals 16 exabytes 1
- Global Internet traffic grows to 158 exabytes 1
Technology related predictions due to make an impact in 2019 include:
Related technology articles for 2019:
- Exercising Without Sweating? Yes, please!
- Privacy may soon be obsolete—but at what cost?
- Crispr/Cas9 gene editing speeds up selective breeding in agricultural industry
- Treating cancer: targeting fat to stop the growth of cancerous cells
- Virtual reality: Is it more important than we realize?
- Virtual Reality: Good for the body and mind
- The complexity of digital streaming
- Renewable railway technology to radically reduce Dutch emissions
- The potential effects of artificial intelligence
- Future classrooms to integrate VR tech
- X-ray pills to detect bowel cancer
- New molecule to vastly amplify solar energy potential
- Future of space exploration is red
- Will aerial drones become the future police car?
- Sideways-moving elevators disrupts building design
- ‘Bio-Spleen’: A breakthrough for treating blood-borne pathogens
- 3D cameras and predictive tech entering professional sports
- History and 5 billion dollar future of 3D printing
- Japan’s tidal energy system makes a splash
- New York to transform pay phones into wifi hotspots